But does a conservatory really add value to your home?
Adding any extra room to your house will increase the home’s value. Potential buyers love to see a house with more potential for living space and extra rooms do just this. Conservatories are more affordable and less hassle than other types of extensions. They can increase the value of your home, with minimal cost to you.
Many experts believe that adding a conservatory to your home can increase its value by up to 5%. Obviously, the actual increase will depend on a number of factors.
How Much Value? What Determines It?
Adding value to your house with a conservatory can be done in a number of ways.
- Adding a conservatory to your house will add more value to your property if you have a south-facing garden. A south-facing garden gets the sun all day and so adding a conservatory will give you a room to enjoy from sun up to sundown.
- The view that your conservatory has will also add value to your house. People will love spending time in a house with a lovely view.
- Making sure you get the right size conservatory will help you make the most of the space. You don’t want a room which is too small that can’t be used or one which is too big and doesn’t match the rest of the house.
- In order to add the most value, you should try adding a conservatory that is in keeping with the rest of your house. Making sure the conservatory matches will make it look more attractive and fit in better with its surroundings.
Adding value to your home in 2018
Local estate agents will be able to value your home and give you an estimate of how much an extension or conservatory could improve your property. Some top tips are to visit two or three different estate agents to get an average price. This way you will be surer of the money that you could make when it comes to selling your home and you will have a better idea of whether adding a conservatory is worth it for you.
Getting the right conservatory for you
If you think that you want a conservatory added to your home, then speaking with an expert should be your first port of call. There are hundreds of experts out there who know the market of house prices and can offer you advice and guidance on how to make the most out of adding a conservatory.
Speaking to a professional
Ensure that you speak to a reputable company to give you any advice, and for ultimately building the conservatory. Have a look at company reviews and talk to other people who have used the company, in order to get the best. Customer reviews are the greatest way to get a real overview of a company and find out whether they are trustworthy or not.
Getting the best bang for ya buck
If you are considering adding an extension to your home in the form of a conservatory then you should go for the best companies available to you. There is no point in getting a new conservatory built if it isn’t made properly then it won’t add as much value as you want it to. It won’t last as long, and the quality may be poor.
Getting the right company
To ensure you add the most value to your home with a conservatory you will want to get the best company and still pay reasonable prices.
These are some things to look out for.
- Reviews from other customers
- Price. Although companies which offer cheap conservatories may seem like a good idea, there may be a reason that they’re so cheap.
- Try to go for a middle of the road conservatory company. Not too cheap and not too expensive.
- See if they have a portfolio of other projects they’ve completed.
- Ask them to come and look at your house and give you a quote.
- Any reputable company will be happy to give you a no-obligation quote on your conservatory.
Most reputable conservatory installation companies will be able to offer you advice on what type of conservatory is best for you and your house.
What kind of conservatory is right for me?
What type of conservatory to buy depends on many things. Your budget, the size you have to work with, the style of your house and how much value you want to add.
Working with a trustworthy and reliable conservatory installation company will help you out in deciding what conservatory will add the most value to your home. In order to get the most from a new extension, you should take into consideration all of the above.
Consider your garden and the space you have to work with. Sometimes putting a conservatory in will take away all of your garden space. Or it can leave your garden with an odd shape which can make life a bit harder when it comes to selling. When designing your conservatory take into account how this will affect the rest of your garden. Another thing to consider is whether to go for a full glass conservatory or a half brick half glass one. Depending on the style of the rest of your house and your personal preference
Windows and doors are also a major factor to consider, with double and triple glazing becoming more and more popular. A good conservatory installer will help you decide which style is right for you. They will take into account what you prefer, what the rest of your house looks like, and your budget.
Installing a conservatory on a budget is tricky. You want to save money when having it built, but you don’t want to compromise on quality. One of the best money tips out there is to do thorough research on a variety of companies before you buy, this will allow you to see which are the most trusted and reputable. Don’t jump straight into the first company you see, and you will definitely thank yourself for it later.
Home improvements are a major part of anyone’s life, whether that’s installing double glazing, central heating or a brand-new conservatory, but what needs to be seriously considered, is the finance because bills can often rack up quickly as you make improvements which can cause people to take out personal loans or put the bill on their credit cards.
Does a conservatory add value to your home – Absolutely
But you will have to be prepared to spend money before you can make money. Do your research and make sure to look at all the companies which are available in your area.
There are so many companies out there which are more than happy to talk things through with you, without you feeling the pressure to hire them. With proper planning and preparation, you can save money and yet still get a great conservatory to add value to your home.
To learn more about conservatories versus orangeries then it’s here.