If you are in a dash, or don’t want to read all the reviews about which is the best garden shredder then based on safety, price and features we recommend NoCry 1200ml/min Electric Paint Sprayer as the best buy this year.
Painting can be a long and tricky job, sometimes. Not only is it a hassle to get the whole of a fence evenly covered, it can be a real task getting into those annoying little corners! Thankfully, there are more than a few ways you can get around just digging a brush into the grooves and crannies.
Electric fence sprayers are fantastic at helping to cover the whole of a garden perimeter in the lick of paint it deserves. There’s no more fussing around with tiny brushes, or spending hours painstakingly splashing out an even coat. What’s more, for those of us who are less mobile, an electric fence sprayer takes away the need to bend down, stretch or stand for long periods of time. It saves time, it saves energy, and it might just save your back.
But how do you look for the best electric paint sprayers to do the job for you? It’s probably not something you go ahead and buy every day. Therefore, you’re going to need to do a bit of shopping around. Lucky for you, then, that we’ve found some of the best picks available online right now. If you’re going to invest in an electric paint sprayer, you should probably use these as good starting points.
In this article, we are going to review the following electric fence sprayers:
- Paint Sprayer, TECCPO 500W 1300ml DIY Electric Spray Gun, with 3 Copper Spray Nozzles, Max Flow 800ml/min, Detachable Container and Adjustable Valve Knob, 100 DIN-s, for Painting Projects – TAPS02P
- Wagner Fence & Decking Paint Sprayer for fences, sheds, decking or garden furniture, covers 5 m² in 9 min, 1400 ml capacity, 460 W, 1.8 m hose
- NoCry 1200ml/min Electric Paint Sprayer – 600W Motor, 100 DIN/s Max Viscosity, Adjustable Air and Paint Flow Controls, 1000ml Container, 3 Spray Patterns; 4 Nozzles Included
- BLACK+DECKER HVLP200-GB Hand Held Paint Sprayer, 400 W, Black/Orange
- Ronseal RSLPPFS PPFS Precision Pump Fence Sprayer – Green
What to Look For in a Good Electric Fence Sprayer
It’s easy to think that an electric fence sprayer is always going to do the same job. The fact is, different sprayers are better at different things! Here’s a quick breakdown of what you should be looking for.
Types of Fence Sprayer
Before you go ahead and buy a fence sprayer, it’s important to know a bit about the differences in the main types. One of the most common types of sprayer on the market is an airless paint sprayer. These systems are really easy to use and tend to be the quickest at getting a job done without any fuss. You can normally buy them in handheld format, but some come with stands.
You can also buy an electric pump sprayer to stain fences. You might use these systems if, for example, you need to spray Cuprinol or Ronseal onto your fence. These systems aren’t always the best choice for the most accurate spray, so they’re probably not good choices for paint jobs.
On the other hand, an HVLP, or high volume low pressure sprayer, will probably help with thin paint. This system uses air to create pressure and to force paint out of the nozzle. People who use these models tend to want a better finish overall.
One of the best reasons to buy an electric fence sprayer is for the portability. Some come with pumps attached, which may be awkward to move around. However, for the most flexibility, you might want to look at buying a handheld model instead.
At the same time, consider finding a system that’s lightweight and which has a soft grip. If you’re going to be spraying for a while, you might as well get comfortable!
Large Paint Capacity
You should always look carefully at the capacity of a fence sprayer, too. Naturally, the more it can hold, the more it can do for you in a short space of time. Buying a small capacity sprayer on the cheap might not be as worthwhile as buying one with a larger capacity at a reasonable price. Consider how often you’re going to need your sprayer – is it worth making a good investment out of it?
Plenty of Power
You’ll normally find paint sprayers measure in wattage to show you their power! 600W, for example, if a good amount of strength. The more power you deal with, the more paint or stain you can spray for longer. Again, this is good to compare across different models and types of sprayer, depending on your long-term needs.
Lots of Nozzles and Accessories
Do also look out for sprayers which have plenty of add-ons. You’re not necessarily going to need the same spray action for each job. Can you easily switch out fittings and nozzles? If not, make sure you find a system which is a bit more versatile.
Product Reviews & Buyers Guide – What is the Best Electric Fence Sprayer in 2020?
Now we’ve considered the absolute basics, it’s time to look at our best picks for electric paint sprayers online right now. The following sprayers are all fantastic in their own right – but we’ve split them up into categories to help you on your way.
Best Cheap Electric Fence Sprayer: Paint Sprayer, TECCPO 500W 1300ml DIY Electric Spray Gun, with 3 Copper Spray Nozzles
If affordability is something that means more to you than any other factor while sprayer shopping, TECCPO’s cheap electric fence sprayer will probably do the job. You can generally find it for less than £40, and it can spray up to 800ml per minute. It can hold up to 1300ml in its portable tank, and as an HVLP spray gun, you’re going to get a nice, neat finish.
The sprayer also comes with a few modes so you can adjust how the paint sprays out. It’s nice and flexible, with a good heft of 500W power behind it. It may not be the best known brand on the market, but this sprayer will likely see you right.
- Offers three spray modes in circular, vertical and horizontal. It’s easy to adjust how the paint sprays out.
- Extra-long electric cable of 6.6 feet will give you plenty of flexibility.
- Comes with its own cleaning equipment, it’s one of the easiest sprayers to clean on the market.
- May be at risk of overspraying if you’re not careful.
Best Electric Sprayer for Decking: Wagner Fence & Decking Paint Sprayer for fences, sheds, decking or garden furniture
Many people have decking in their gardens, and you’re naturally going to need to keep it painted or stained for the best look. Therefore, it’s always worth looking for a sprayer that’s ideal for garden decks. Wagner’s decking sprayer has 1400ml of storage and a power ratio of 460W. It comes with a gun attachment that should be pretty easy to snap on and off whenever you need to.
The sprayer also comes with a shoulder strap for its external turbine, meaning that if you’re likely to feel fatigued while spraying, you can take a load off as you desire. It’s multi-purpose, too, meaning you can use it for paint, varnish, staining and oil.
- Can easily cover 5×5 metres of fencing or decking in under 10 minutes.
- Great for keeping spray and coating uniform and clean, it’s extremely precise.
- Flexibility means you can flush out the tank and use it for oil, preservative or paint as you wish. There’s no need to buy extra systems.
- Not the longest cable around at just over a metre.
Best Electric Fence Sprayer on Amazon: NoCry 1200ml/min Electric Paint Sprayer
Amazon has plenty of electric sprayers, but NoCry’s system seems to be leading the pack for most people. It can hold up to 100ml of paint, and it comes with four different nozzle tips. Therefore, it’s pretty flexible. It’s safe to use inside and outdoors and powers up to 600W. As with the above system, you can use it to paint, coat in oil and varnish.
The sprayer and nozzles will easily come apart for cleaning, making it super easy to manage. You’ll also get a fairly long warranty of up to four years with this product.
- Able to spray evenly across decking, fences, and even furniture, it’s one of few paint sprayers you can use inside and out.
- Spray up to 1200ml a minute – faster and more capable than much of the competition.
- 4-year warranty should protect you for as long as you need the gun.
- Not the biggest tank on the market despite its spraying power and speed.
Best Black and Decker Electric Fence Sprayer: BLACK+DECKER HVLP200-GB Hand Held Paint Sprayer, 400 W, Black/Orange
Black and Decker is a brand many people are going to look for as standard. And why not? This 400W sprayer lets you fill up from the side, making it easier to set up and get going. It’s also suitable for use both indoors and outside as you wish.
One of the best features of this product is its paint flow indicator. This will tell you what setting you’re on so you can easily adjust the gun to your specific job. It’s also very easy to adjust your settings on the go.
- 1200ml Canister for paint fills from the side, nice and easy for filling up on the move.
- Easy to spot how your paint is flowing and spraying.
- Fantastic for thin paints, works very quickly on indoor material as well as outdoor fencing.
- Not the most powerful out there at 400W.
- No extra nozzle tips for custom jobs.
Best Ronseal Electric Fence Sprayer: Ronseal RSLPPFS PPFS Precision Pump Fence Sprayer – Green
This pump sprayer is specifically built to help you spray down fences in Ronseal staining. Therefore, it’s a little different to the others we’ve looked at so far. However, with two speed settings allowing you to stain a panel in under a three-minute spray, it’s going to appeal to many garden owners.
It’s very to fill up and manoeuvre from job to job. Compared to other sprayers on our list it’s also very affordable, though there’s a trade-off in that this isn’t a paint sprayer. It should be fairly accurate for most people to accustom to.
- Pump unit and spray are specifically built for Ronseal spraying.
- Two main modes allowing for ease of coating, and for speed adjustment.
- Works very quickly, meaning you can spray a small fence in 15-20 minutes.
- Only built for Ronseal staining – it’s not a catch-all spray.
To Wrap It Up, My Personal Recommendation
As you can see, there’s more than enough choice in electric fence sprayers online. However, if I had to pick my personal favourite, it would be the NoCry system. It’s easily the best spray on Amazon right now, and it tends to offer the best overall coverage. It works with a variety of difference paints and oils, and it’s normally very reasonably priced.
Don’t waste time with brushes and rollers – invest in a spray system that coats everything for you! At least use our list as a great starting point.